Chris Ewert, President
Mr. Ewert is a dynamic leader with over 10 years experience in the environmental regulatory compliance industry. He has served in numerous roles ranging from field technician to project manager to chief operations officer for multiple environmental consulting firms. Mr. Ewert’s wide range of project experience in the area of environmental regulatory compliance makes him an extremely valuable asset to any project where an environmental regulatory aspect exists.
- Served as Chief Operations Officer for a 60 employee environmental consulting firm.
- Served as Business Development Coordinator for oil and gas operations for 60 employee environmental consulting firm.
- Managed NEPA compliance department including successful federal approval of up to 80 oil and gas wells using the NEPA Master Plan of Development process.
- Permitted industrial sites under the State Implementation Plans for compliance with the Clean Air Act in several western states including permitting of tanks, process equipment, and diesel and natural gas fired engines.
- Modeled air emission impacts as part of both localized air dispersion modeling and regional cumulative impact studies.
- 10 years experience in currently high profile environmental regulatory compliance activities such as SPCC, SWPPP, Air Permitting, NPDES, EPCRA reporting, Phase I due diligence, LUST, and RCRA compliance.
- Mentored employees to develop their technical, permitting process and communication skills.
- Developed or reorganized environmental regulatory compliance work processes, management processes and business development processes to gain efficiencies.
- Built valuable lasting relationships with federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
- Conceived, developed, and assisted in implementation of a pilot project for study of CBM produced water management via irrigation of fast growing, water use intensive hybrid poplar trees.
- Monitored federal/state agencies to advise clients on changing wildlife and water discharge policy.
- Completed Facility Response Plan for electric generation plant in Rapid City, South Dakota.
- Utiized Arcview GIS mapping software to improve communication and assist in management of complex projects.
- Provided expert due diligence assistance to real estate or mineral right transactions with a particular focus on bottom line cost of environmental liability.
Oregon Graduate Institute of S&T (OGI), Portland, OR
1999- Master of Science
Environmental Science and Engineering
Black Hills State University, Spearfish, SD
1998 - Bachelor of Science
1st major - Environmental/Physical Science - Geology Based; 2nd major – Chemistry